- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Peeled Large Diced White Onion
- 1 Seeded And Small Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Seeded And Small Diced Jalapeño (optional)
- 2 Large Diced Yukon Potatoes
- 1 15 Oz Can Garbanzo Beans Drained
- 1 Lg Can Red Kidney Beans Drained
- 1 15 Oz Can Light Cannolini Beans Drained
- 1 15 Oz Can Black Beans Drained
- 2 28 Oz Cans Diced Tomatoes In Juice
- 4 Cups Organic Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cups Of Water
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Oregano
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Lg Can Lentils With Juice
- 1 Tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Bags Frozen Spinach Thawed And Drained
- Kosher Salt And Fresh Cracked Pepper To Taste
- Sliced Green Onions For Garnish
In a large 2 gallon pot over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add in the onions and peppers and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
Next, add in the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, stock, cumin, chili powder, oregano, quinoa and lentils and stir, and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
Finish the chili with the coco powder, cinnamon, kale, and salt and pepper.
Serve with sliced green onions, cornbread and apple cider.