Cauliflower Beef, Mac and Cheese main
SERVES: 6 SERVINGS
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef (browned)
- 2 Medium Heads Cauliflower, Cut Into Florets
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 C. Flour
- 3 C. Whole Milk
- 1 Tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Mustard Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 C. Shredded Cheddar
- 2 C. Mozzarella
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch cauliflower, 5-7 minutes until fork tender.
- In a large saucepan, Brown the beef in melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with mustard powder, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheeses until they are completely melted. Stir in cauliflower, stir until fully coated in cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives. Serve with garden salad and crostini.