Baked Chinese Egg Rolls…
- 2 Cups Packaged Slaw Mix Sauteed
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef Sauteed And Drained
- 1 Bundle Of Cellophane Noodles Soaked
- 4 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- 1 Package Egg Roll Wraps
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (as Needed)
- 1/2 Cup Water To Seal Pastry Seams
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place egg roll wraps on flat surface
- Saute the beef with hoisin the spices until brown salt and pepper to taste
- Stir the sauteed slaw, sauteed beef and hoisin sauce and spices in a large bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup vegetable mixture on the lower third of each pastry square. Fold 2 sides over the filling to seal the ends, and roll up like a jelly roll brush the end with water to seal. Place the filled pastries seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg on all sides and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Note: You may also use pastry sheets instead of egg roll wraps. Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into 4 (about 5-inch) squares.
You may also use shredded rotisserie chicken instead of beef if desired. Serve with dipping sauce and your favorite Chinese meal.