Brussels Sprouts With Bacon Dressing
- 2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Ounces Bacon, Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 1 Lemon Zested
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Slice each Brussels sprout in half, cut each half into into strips, and discard the cores. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir bacon until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and brown sugar. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Increase heat to high and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour hot bacon mixture over the bowl of Brussels sprouts and toss to coat completely. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. You may also wilt your favorite greens such as spinach, kale or Swiss chard with this dressing.