Beef And Cheese Casserole
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice Cooked
- 2 Lbs. Cooked Ground Beef
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 4 Green Onion Stalks, Diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, Diced
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Can Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup, Undiluted
- 1 Can Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup, Undiluted
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, ham, 2 cups cheese, green onion, and celery.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, soups, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add wet mixture to rice mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees F for one hour until bubbly. Let stand 10 approx 10 min before serving. Serve with cucumber salad and beverage.
Aunt Mary’s Italian Apple Dessert
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cream, or as needed (optional)
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a pie plate and dust with bread crumbs
- Combine melted butter, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl. Add eggs and stir to combine. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and add to butter mixture. Add cream if batter is too thick
- Pour batter into the prepared pie plate. Distribute apple slices in a thick layer on top of the batter. Dot with cubed butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen crust with a knife. Invert carefully onto a serving plate to cool completely.