- 6 Halibut Fillets
- 5 Roma (plum) Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Pinch Herb De Provence
- 1 Sm Jar Kalamata Olives, Pitted And Chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Or White Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Small Capers
- 3 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 12 Leaves Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 Leaves Fresh Basil, Torn
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Chop tomatoes and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until tomatoes are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in olives, wine, capers, lemon juice, and 1/2 the basil. Reduce heat, blend in Parmesan cheese, and cook until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce, about 15 minutes.
Place fish in a shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over the fillets and top with remaining basil leaves.
Bake 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is no longer translucent and easily flaked with a fork. Serve with Greek salad, pita bread.