Cristian Mihai is one of the blogs I follow. He reminded me today that I subscribe to Earl Nightingales press updates (Nightingale-Conant). Earl Nightingale is truly one of the fathers of motivational speakers. His work has served as inspiration and texture to some of the most famous motivationalists of our day. Below are 12 of his ideas (recently posted by Cristian ) that give sustenance to our motivational culture.
Find Cristian at https://cristianmihai.net
It’s probably no big secret that I am a firm believer in personal development. That’s one way to explain it, I guess. It means that I listen to motivational speeches while I work, read everything from popular self-help books to psychology and NLP, and tried all sorts of stuff to get to be more focused, more energetic, and motivated to achieve my goals.
That being said, this list of twelve rules is something that I just have to share with you.
1. It is our attitude in the beginning of a task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.
2. It is our attitude towards life which determines life’s attitude towards us.
3. We are interdependent. It is impossible to succeed without others. It’s our attitude towards others that will determine their attitude towards us.
4. Before a person can achieve the kind of life he wants, he must become that kind of individual, he must think, act, talk, walk, and conduct himself in all of his affairs as would the person he wishes to become.
5. The higher you go in any organization of value, the better will be the attitude you’ll find.
6. Your mind can hold only one thought at a time. And since there’s nothing at all to be gained by being negative, be positive.
7. The deepest craving of human beings is to be needed, to feel important, to be appreciated. Give it to them, and they’ll return it to you.
8. Look for the best in new ideas.
9. Don’t waste valuable time broadcasting personal problems. It probably won’t help you, it cannot help others.
10. Don’t talk about your health, unless it’s good.
11. Radiate the attitude of well-being, of confidence, of a person who knows where he is going. This will inspire those around you, and you’ll find good things will begin to happen to you.
12. Treat everyone you come in contact with as the most important person on earth.