PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1¼ Cup Graham Cracker Or Saltine Crumbs
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter, Smooth Or Chunky
- 1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 Tbs Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- Line the bottom of an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Mix the melted butter with the cracker crumbs, the one cup peanut butter and confectioner’s sugar. Turn into prepared pan and spread evenly in pan. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate morsels, 2 tbs peanut butter and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until mixture is smooth. You may have to return the bowl to the microwave for another 15-20 seconds if morsels are not completely melted.
- Add the rice cereal to the chocolate mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Spread on top of chilled peanut butter mixture and return to refrigerator to chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- When well chilled, cut into 9 bars.
- Serves 9