Great Turkey Chile And Firecrackers
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 (28 Ounce) Can Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (16 Ounce) Can Canned Kidney Beans – Drained, Rinsed, And Mashed
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour. Add water as needs.
- 1 1/2 Cups Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Siracha
- 1 (1 Ounce) Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 (16 Ounce) Package Whole Wheat Saltine Crackers
- Whisk the canola oil, crushed red pepper flakes, ranch dressing mix, and chili powder together in a bowl.
- Divide the saltine crackers evenly into 2 1-gallon-sized seal-able bags. Pour the oil mixture evenly over the crackers. Seal the bag and flip to allow the oil mixture to run over the crackers for 5 minutes; flip again. Repeat the flipping every five minutes to evenly coat the crackers for about 1 hour. Remove the crackers from the bags and spread onto large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes until they start to brown. Let cool completely and store in air tight container for several days.