By now you probably know from us that we try to fry everything in the South. From pickles to eggs. Try this mouthful of yummyness…
Deep Fried Devil Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Palmetto Cheese, Original, Jalapeno Or Bacon
- 6 Eggs, Hard Boiled
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Pickle Relish
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
For breading and frying:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cup oil for frying.
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half, remove yolks and place into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees. While the oil is heating up, set up a breading station.
- Place the flour, 2 beaten eggs, and Panko breadcrumbs each in a separate bowl.
- Coat the egg white halves each in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Continue until all egg whites have been breaded.
- Gently place the breaded egg whites into the oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet pan or plate to drain off the excess oil.
For the filling:
- Mash yolks with a fork until fine.
- Add mayo and Palmetto Cheese, relish and mix until thoroughly incorporated together.
- Scoop mixture into a pastry bag or gallon-size food storage bag with one small corner cut off.
- Pipe mixture onto egg whites.
- Garnish with a little southern sprinkle of paprika.