Winter Comfort Food Pie
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Lg Bag Of Frozen Spinach Thawed And Drained
- 1 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 4 Cups Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Cups Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 casserole with butter.
Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir ground beef into onion, season with salt and black pepper, and cook ground beef mixture until browned and crumbly, about 10 more minutes. Drain excess grease.
Fold spinach into cream cheese and then fold into ground beef.
Spread cooked ground beef mixture into bottom of the prepared casserole dish;
Fold Cheese into the Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Spread the mashed potatoes on top.
Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are browned and casserole is bubbling, about 30 minutes.