Fettuccine with Broccoli Alfredo
- 8 Ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Cream
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add cream, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook 15 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in steamed broccoli and cooked pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve family style or on individual plates. You may add 4 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken for additional protein if desired when you add the broccoli and pasta to the sauce.