Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Pkg. Fresh Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Pound Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms, Stemmed And Sliced
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Fluid Ounces Balsamic
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 Ounces Fettuccine or Penne Pasta
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Tarragon
- 1 Cup Freshly Shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Divided
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir cremini and shiitake mushrooms in the hot oil with a pinch of salt until until the juice from the mushrooms evaporates and the mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic into mushrooms and cook for 1 minute; pour in balsamic and cook until it is nearly evaporated. Mix chicken stock into mushroom mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour cream into mushroom mixture, stir to combine, and simmer for 5 minutes. Mixture will foam and thicken slightly.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl and keep warm.
- Stir thyme, chives, and tarragon into mushroom sauce and turn off heat; mix 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into sauce until cheese has melted.
- Pour all the mushroom sauce and half the mushrooms over pasta, reserving about half the mushrooms in the skillet. Toss pasta in sauce until coated; top with remaining mushrooms and remaining Remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for garnish. Serve with salad and garlic toast.