I saw this post the other day and thought it would be good to pass along. I preferred to think it is good for us to share with all of our children. I also added…. Read all the fine print, then read it again. Never let anyone sign your checks no matter how famous you get. Never take anyone’s word when sighing a contract. Read it yourself!
RULES TO TEACH YOUR DAUGHTER
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Learn how to cook a signature dish.
3. Spend 30 min a day reading up on current events.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Request the late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be
12. Who ever you choose to marry…., you marry his/her family / children
13. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
14. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
15. Never be afraid to talk to the best looking person in the room.
16. Never turn down a breath mint.
17. A classic outfit is worth 1000 words.
18. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
19.Thank a veteran.
20. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
21.Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
22. Manners make the woman.
23. Give credit. Take the blame.
24. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
25. Write down your dreams.
26. Add value everywhere you go.
27. Be confident and humble at the same time.
28. If ever in doubt, REMEMBER WHOSE DAUGHTER YOU ARE and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
29. Change the world, don’t let it change you.
30. Always be you! Hold your head up high, Be confident whenever you walk into a room and stay strong.
31. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel like you are less of a person. They have the problem, not you.
32. As your mother, I will ALWAYS have your back.