Quick Desserts and Treats for the Holidays..
Grocery Cookie Dough
1roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
36 Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately top each cookie with 1 milk chocolate candy, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely before storing.
Caramel Silk No Bake
19 Classic Vanilla Caramels
1 8oz Block Cream Cheese
2 Cups + 5 Tablespoons Heavy Cream, Divided
½ Cup Confectioners Sugar, Divided
¼ Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract, Divided
1 Store-Bought Chocolate Cookie Crust
One Bar Of Chocolate
Unwrap 15 caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add four tablespoons of heavy cream and place in microwave. Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle three tablespoons of the melted caramel mixture on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Add room temperature cream cheese to a mixing bowl, add remaining melted caramel, ¼ cup of confectioners sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and one teaspoon of vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, beat until ingredients are well incorporated and no lumps remain.
- In a clean mixing bowl, place ¼ cup of confectioners sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, and two cups of heavy cream. Whip into stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold most of the whipped cream into the caramel/cream cheese mixture (saving some to top the pie), gently folding until smooth and no streaks remain. Fill prepared pie crust, leaving decorative swirls on top.
- Melt four additional caramels with one tablespoon of heavy cream; allow it to cool slightly, then drizzle on top of pie.
- Garnish pie with shaved chocolate or chocolate curls. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice upon serving.
1 (9 Inch) Pie Crust, Baked
1 (15 Ounce) Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
1 (12 Ounce) Container Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
½ Cup Maraschino Cherries, Chopped
1 (14 Ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Step 1 In a large mixing bowl, fold pineapple, lemon juice, whipped topping, cherries, condensed milk, and walnuts together. Pour into pie shell and chill for at least one hour before serving.
Diabetic Friendly Pie
1 (9 Inch) Prepared Graham Cracker Crust
1 (1 Ounce) Package Sugar-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 Cup Cold Milk
1 (8 Ounce) Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained
1 (8 Ounce) Container Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
Step 1 In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Fold in pineapple, whipped topping, and pecans. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
1 (18.25 Ounce) Package Yellow Cake Mix
⅓ Cup Butter, Melted
1 (29 Ounce) Can Pumpkin
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Half n Half
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
¼ Cup Butter, Chilled
½ Cup White Sugar
1 ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts ½ Cup Reserved
Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Step 2 Set aside 1 cup of cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix with melted butter and 1 egg and mix until well blended; spread mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
Step 3 In a large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, 3 eggs and pumpkin pie spice; mix well Fold in 1 cup of nuts, and pour this mixture over cake mix mixture in baking dish.
Step 4 In a small bowl with a pastry blender, or in a food processor, combine chilled butter and white sugar with reserved cake mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle remaining chopped walnuts over all.
Step 5 Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.