Pineapple Bread Pudding for Breakfast or Dessert
10 Slices Sour Dough Artisan Bread; Cut 1 Inch Thick
1 Cup Salted Butter, Melted
8 Large Eggs
20 Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Ice Cream And Caramel Sauce, For Topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, pineapple, vanilla and melted butter.
- Tear the bread into chunks and add to the egg mixture.
- Stir the bread gently into the mix.
- Pour the mix into a lightly greased 8×8-inch baking dish (or a deep dish pie pan.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and set (no longer jiggly).
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. I like serving this with a scoop of vanilla on top and a drizzle of caramel sauce.