How to make my Classic Summer Fruit Mousse
- It couldn’t be easier!
Classic Summer Fruit Mousse
¾ Cup Fresh Or Frozen Fruit Puree (Use Fresh Or Frozen Fruit, Puree In Food Processor, Blender, Or Food Mill, If Needed Remove Any Skin Or Seeds By Passing Through A Sieve)
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
7 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
Pinch Fine Sea Salt
Fresh Fruit For Garnish (Optional)
1. Whip cream and sweetened condensed milk to soft peaks. You want it a little slumpy, not stiff, which will help the fruit incorporate.
2. Add the pinch of salt to the fruit puree, then fold fruit into cream/condensed milk blend gently until there are no streaks left.
3. Spoon into a large bowl or individual ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and chill a minimum of 2 hours or up to overnight. Garnish with fresh berries or cubes of whatever fruit you used.
4. Serve with shortbread or wafer cookies if you like.
Mousse and topping combinations to consider
Of course, you can top your mousse with the same fruit you used, but you can also pick another for contrast and fun. Here are a few of my favorites to inspire you:
- Passion fruit mousse with fresh raspberries on top
- Peach mousse with blackberries on top
- Mango mousse with toasted coconut on top