Skip to content
- 1 Lb. Mild Sausage
- 16 Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Onion
- 16 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet chop into pieces. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, crumbled sausage and 1/2 the Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.